Ciao peeps! It’s been a very hectic and stressful few days, mostly due to organising our imminent house move, and having to deal with some ignorant haters on social media. As a result, I spent most of the weekend feeing very despondent with people (which wasn’t helped by a couple of rude customers at work!). Having a caring personality is both a blessing and a curse at times, as it can feel isolating when you encounter a barrage of ignorance, and yet you know that what you stand for is important for everybody!
Something I have had to learn since going vegan is that, if you are feeling in any way run down, the insulting comments from others can easily bring your mood down. However, once things are a little better, and you speak to like-minded people again, you regain some faith in humanity 🙂
The main point of this post, though, is to share a delicious meal and some more useful vegan finds with you all 🙂
Last Friday, in between house viewings, Jacob and I popped into out favourite The Green Rocket Cafe for lunch, where I ordered something I haven’t tried before: a big mezze selection! I think it’s the yummiest thing I have tried there so far (which is saying something) and includes marinated tofu, salad and dressing, humous, an aubergine-tomato concoction, falafel, beetroot salad and quinoa. It was perfect for a hot day, and I felt very full but healthy afterwards!
Yesterday, we went on a long shopping trip to town, which included Harvest, Holland & Barrett, Marks and Spencer, Lush and Sainsbury’s, and here are a few important things we picked up along the way:
- M&S Spirit of Summer carnival fire cracker sweets – finally back in stock and as sweet, spicy and delicious as everybody has been saying!
- Meridian yeast extract – a healthier alternative to Marmite (also vegan), tastes just like the real thing
- Sojade strawberry yoghurt
- Violife parmesan-style cheese – an incredibly realistic imitation! I was never a fan of parmesan, but Jacob loves it
- Sainsbury’s own noodles – a very handy snack, totally vegan, and all their flavours are very tasty
- Vego chocolate!!!!! – oh.my. days. this is delicious. Like honestly, if they can make vegan milk-style chocolate this good, why do they bother with dairy?! 😀