I’ve had cravings for chocolate today, and so after tea decided to try making a mug cake (I saw my housemate making one earlier and it inspired me) 😀 This is yet another thing I never made before going vegan!
I’m finding that the best way to find vegan recipes (unless you’re looking fr something specific from a vegan recipe book), is to look up any old recipe online and modify it slightly to meet your requirements e.g. substituting dairy milk for soya milk. Easy peasy!
So here’s the chocolate mug cake recipe:
Makes 1 cake
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- 3tbsp self-raising flour
- tiny pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar (or xylitol for a healthier option)
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3tbsp milk (whichever you want to use)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients together very well, in a mug
- Add the liquids and mix well again
- Put in microwave for 30 secs, then stir
- Cook for another 2 mins
- Let it cool for a bit, otherwise you’ll burn the roof of your mouth, as I did ^.^ EAT AND ENJOY!!!