Yesterday was the first time I’d made risotto, and it was easier than I thought and turned out pretty well!
Makes 2 big/3 smaller portions
- 700ml stock
- 450g (or less) button mushrooms, halved
- 2-3 Escallion shallots, chopped
- 170g Arborio risotto rice
- Few handfuls spinach
- 1tbsp fresh chopped chives
- 30g spread
- salt n pepper
- Heat about 1tbsp oil in a large frying pan, then add the mushrooms until cooked. Remove and set aside
- Put a bit more oil in the pan and add the shallots for 1 min. Stir in the rice for 2 mins until pale gold
- Put on low heat and add the stock 100ml at a time and wait every time until absorbed (the whole process takes about 15 mins, until the rice is cooked)
- Stir in the spinach with a few mins to go and allow to wilt into the risotto
- Remove from heat and stir in the mushrooms, spread, chives and salt n pepper.